Welcome to the Illinois Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) site
Welcome to the Illinois Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) site. This site will enable you to set up a MOVE account to register to vote and request absentee ballots for upcoming Federal Elections. This site was designed to help ease the burden of members of the Uniformed Services (and their eligible dependents) and overseas voters in requesting a voter registration and an absentee ballot application. This site will give you the ability to keep in contact with your local election official and to track the status of your application and ballot.
To use this site you must meet one of the following conditions:
- You must be a uniformed United States military service member or a family member of such service member.
(Active duty members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marines, Public Health Service, NOAA and their family members)
- You must be an overseas United States citizen residing outside the territorial limits of the U.S.
(Citizens who are living outside the U.S. for work, school or other reasons)
If you do not meet either of these requirements, please contact your local election authority. If this is your first visit to the MOVE site, you will need to create an account.
If you feel your requested ballot will not reach you in time to vote in the upcoming election(s) you may wish to obtain a Back-up Federal Write-In Absentee ballot by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance Program web site. The Illinois Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment website officially supports the latest versions of *Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
* = preferred browser
Why create a MOVE Act account?
- Easily make application to register and request an absentee ballot online.
- Ease of completing the voter registration application and absentee ballot request (A user friendly "wizard” walks you through the necessary steps).
- Ability to receive status updates of your application and absentee ballot request from your Election Official anywhere there is internet access.
- Ability for you to download your absentee ballot in an easy to use PDF format.
- Automatic reminders for you to submit a new absentee request (absentee ballot requests are good for only one calendar year).